Canned tomatoes, according to most housewives, are pickled, rolled in their own juice and sliced, which must be sterilized for a long time in a water bath. The last type of processing is suitable only with a large portion of vinegar, then the tomatoes will retain their color and shape. Sterilization of a tender juicy vegetable without fixing acidic additives leads to its digestion into pulp, which tastes like sour carrots.
Sweet canned tomatoes without sterilization: a step-by-step recipe
Most recipes begin or end with the words: "put into sterilized jars and roll up with sterilized lids." This can discourage anyone. If you think about it, this process is necessary to combat microbes and bacteria. If you fill vegetables and fruits with boiling pouring, and even several times, the heat treatment of the walls occurs repeatedly. Bacteria die at 70 ° C. So oil-oil is obtained!
Either we sterilize the jars and lay the cold products, or we use boiling brine, syrup and other preservative fillings. If the habit of sterilization is so strong, you can replace it by rinsing the cans with boiling water from the kettle. In general, the cans do not explode due to insufficient heat treatment, but because air gets under the lid.
To roll the salad you will need:
- granulated sugar;
- vegetable oil;
Based on one liter of brine, we take:
- 1 stack of salt;
- 2 piles of sugar;
- 1 stack of vegetable oil;
- a few seeds of spicy herbs, except coriander, any suitable (cumin, dill, zira).
For rolling cut tomatoes for the winter, a large family will need liter cans. In small portions, you can close the tomatoes in spinning coffee jars. Their advantage is thick walls and lids reinforced with a cardboard insert, which is absorbed when the workpiece cools.
How to cook:
- In a large bowl or pan, cut the tomatoes into slices. Let them settle down while the cans are processed and spices are laid out on them.
- At the bottom of each jar, several thin semicircles of onions fit. They are necessary for the smell. Their excess will not spoil the salad, but if you do not add onions in the summer salad, then do not overdo it.
- Vegetables juice is poured from tomatoes into a brine saucepan.
- The amount of water required for pouring is added to it.
- We prepare the brine from the necessary ingredients.
- While the brine begins to boil, it is necessary to arrange the tomatoes in jars. Cut 1 clove of garlic into thin slices and lay on top of the tomatoes.
- Each jar is poured with boiled brine and immediately closed with a screw or plastic lid.
- The cooled cans are cleaned in the refrigerator.
The brine should be transparent and the tomatoes bright. If after some time the situation begins to change in a bank, then the lid will poison the air. If no unpleasant odor is found in the open workpiece, then you can try the tomatoes. Do you taste fresh tomato? Drain the brine, boil it and roll it into a sealed container.
Canned Tomatoes with Bell Pepper: Licking Fingers
The recipe from the series "Lick your fingers" or "New Year's miracle." A jar of this salad can be safely presented to friends and relatives at the festive table. The difference between this preparation in the absence of vinegar and the taste of freshly cut vegetables.
There is no exact ratio of products by weight, the ingredients are laid in layers: 3 tablespoons of red tomatoes, 1-2 tablespoons of green or yellow pepper.
It is advisable to avoid getting pepper seeds in a jar. Despite the fact that the pepper is sweet, the bitterness of its seeds when pouring boiling water gives a lot.
For brine you will need:
- sugar and salt in a ratio of 3 to 1;
- water with tomato juice - 3 liters;
- it is better to pour vegetable oil from a bottle until the surface of the boiling brine is completely covered with an oil film;
- delicate spices.
- Tomatoes are cut into a large bowl.
- Peppers are chopped into a second bowl with a thin straw.
- The bulb is cleaned and chopped with thin crescents.
- Onions are laid out in prepared cans in small portions. You can add a couple of cloves of garlic.
- The settled juice is poured from the tomatoes into the saucepan.
- Now we turn to the creative process - the creation of red and green stripes. It is convenient to roll this salad in liter jars. Depending on the width of the container, choose a spoon, which we will make the laying of chopped vegetables.
- Vegetables are laid out in layers. It remains only to prepare a dressing for them, following the proportions.
- Boiled syrup cans are filled to the upper edge of the neck.
- A couple of minutes stand, covered with lids.
- If necessary, the brine is added.
- It remains only to close the banks. If the temperature difference at the bottom and top of the can is confusing, then it can be turned over.
- But even without this manipulation, the salad is stored in the refrigerator for several months.
More evenly warms vegetables brine in low wide tanks. To roll this salad, you can use containers designed for a microwave and refrigerator. The main thing is that the covers are tight and without valves for the release of steam.
Physalis or Cherry
Few gardeners grow cherry tomatoes on their plot. The fastidious culture is afraid of moisture, and heat and cold, and on the window you can’t grow a lot of them. But physalis does not require special care, it grows both in cold and hot in the open ground, and even pleases the eye with its bright red boxes. The types of physalis look almost the same, only one is decorative, and its other two varieties are strawberry and vegetable.
Vegetable is more like cherry tomatoes. Therefore, it can be preserved accordingly. Any recipe for pickling and canning small tomatoes is suitable for vegetable physalis.
Tomatoes without sterilization in a liter jar (canned in halves)
Tomatoes are often canned in jars with a capacity of three liters. But for a small family it will be much more practical and economical to procure tomatoes in liter jars.
Products for preservation per one liter can:
- tomatoes (it is better to choose varieties of oblong oval shape);
- fruit leaves (cherries, currants, grapes);
- Red onion;
- sprigs of cilantro;
- drinking water - 700 milliliters;
- sugar - 75 grams;
- table vinegar (you can take apple) - 50 milligrams;
- coarse salt - a tablespoon;
- A teaspoon of any vegetable oil.
- Washed tomatoes are cut vertically along. Red onions cut into half rings. In liter jars put one or two garlic cloves, cilantro and lay in layers the halves of tomatoes and chopped onions.
- Prepare the brine in this way: mix salt and sugar with drinking water, pour the washed fruit leaves into the marinade and bring it to a boil on the stove.
- Pour the hot marinade into the tomatoes through a strainer and let the jars cool down a little (about five to seven minutes). Drain the brine into a saucepan, boil and pour the tomatoes again. Drain the marinade a third time and put on fire.
- Pour vegetable oil into the tomatoes. When the brine boils for the third time, remove it from the heat, pour in table vinegar and pour into jars of tomatoes. Immediately roll up the tomatoes.
Pickled onions with tomatoes are also very tasty and can be added to various salads, for example, meat or vegetable.
One of the universal recipes for sweet tomatoes.
It will require:
- apricot juice;
- physalis fruits or cherry tomatoes;
- almond nuts
- vanilla sugar.
Vanilla sugar is useful in pouring to enhance the sweetness of juice. If desired, you can emphasize the taste of a pair of anise flowers. He will give the fortress the peel of tender vegetables.
How to cook:
- The banks are distributed fruits. First you need to pierce the peel with a toothpick.
- The chopped almond nut is distributed in jars. It will give the workpiece a subtle musky flavor.
- Apricot juice is placed on a plate. When boiling, vanilla sugar and star anise are added to it. In order for the juice to be quickly filled with a hint of exotic spice, it needs to be allowed to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Cherry or physalis is poured with boiling juice and closed.
This recipe has an alternative solution: grape juice from nutmeg varieties of berries. The fill will be transparent, and the use of an expensive walnut can be avoided.
Royal tomato recipe for the winter without sterilization
A distinctive feature of royal recipes is the use of nuts. The preparation of such dishes requires lengthy preparation and careful selection of raw materials.
- cherry tomatoes - 500 g;
- walnut kernels - 70 g;
- Apple juice.
Different juice can be used: currant, gooseberry, from a mixture of garden or wild berries. The main thing is that it should be sour.
How to cook:
- Before you start laying out the tomatoes in jars, they need to be stuffed with nuts.
- It is not necessary to chop nuts. Enough to break in half.
- A knife is punctured at the top of the tomato. Through it, the kernel of the nut is carefully inserted inside.
- With slices up, the tomatoes are laid out in rows.
- The juice boils and tomatoes are poured with it. Banks are rolled up.
Juice should be moderately sweet. If you can’t drink it without additional sweetening, it is unsuitable for pouring. Juice, which is pleasantly drunk, needs to be slightly sweetened, because the tomatoes themselves contain acid, and this will affect the overall taste of the workpiece.
Sweet Pickled Tomatoes (video)
In order to make wonderful preparations for the winter, you do not need to mess around with sterilization for a long time. Just see what recipes are available without it! Delight your loved ones with delicious preservation, and yourself with the ease of its preparation.