Before the onset of cold weather, almost all housewives harvest food for the winter. Simple and unique recipes for preserving meat and offal are offered to your attention. Such blanks will please you with their juicy taste in winter, are well suited for soup or as a second dish, and help to save.
What you need to know when preparing canned meat
First, meat and offal must be harvested fresh.
Secondly, sterilization of cans should occur for at least ten minutes.
Thirdly, the preparation of meat and the process of preservation itself takes a long time: at least ten hours.
What will be needed for conservation
Unlike fruits and vegetables, preserving meat requires more time and responsibility. That is why every housewife must take care of everything necessary for this process in advance.
In order to prepare meat for the winter, you will need a considerable amount of dishes:
- pots, bowls, bucket, basin enameled;
- metal knives and spoons;
- meat grinder, grater (or food processor);
- colander, measured capacity;
- glass jars, metal lids and a sealing key.
It is recommended to use yellow varnished lids for the conservation of protein products.
Preserving meat in a pressure cooker
With the advent of various kitchen appliances, the methods of preparing products, including preservation, were greatly facilitated.
For cooking you will need:
- chicken carcass - 1.5 kg;
- 300 ml of water;
- a pinch of salt and some spices.
How to cook:
- Cut the bird into pieces and season with spices.
- Put the meat in a pressure cooker, pour the indicated amount of water. Close the lid and put on a strong fire.
- Once the dish boils, lower the heat and cook for no more than two hours at minimum temperature.
- Prepare half liter jars by sterilizing them.
- Put the meat in the jars along with the resulting juice.
- Cover with lids.
- Prepare a water bath.
- Put a napkin on the bottom of the pan with water, then place the container.
- Warm cans (sterilize) for forty minutes.
- Then roll up the cans.
Store the finished product in the refrigerator.
To prepare this delicate dish you need:
- rabbit carcass;
- 300 ml of water.
- Soak the rabbit carcass in water for about two hours.
- Drain and chop the carcass into portions.
- Prepare the jars by laying spices on the bottom (bay leaves, peppercorns, mustard seeds).
- Tightly put the meat in the jars.
- Put a napkin on the bottom of the pressure cooker, place the jars on top, fill with cold water.
- After the water boils, cook the dish for about two hours.
Roll up jars with lids and store in a cool place.
We suggest you familiarize yourself with a dietary, simple dish - beef stew in a pressure cooker.
To prepare it you need:
- kilogram beef sirloin;
- one onion;
- ten peas of pepper;
- salt and vegetable oil.
How to cook:
- Rinse the meat and cut into small pieces.
- Pour vegetable oil at the bottom of the container and wait until the pressure cooker is fully warmed up.
- Lay the meat and let it fry.
- Chop the onion and add to the meat.
- Stew the ingredients for twenty minutes.
- Add pepper, continue the stewing process for another half hour.
- The prepared stew can be laid out in jars without reporting 3 ml to the top of the container.
- Pour the top with the resulting juice. Roll up the cans with lids.
The easiest and fastest ways to preserve meat and offal
We bring to your attention simple recipes for the preparation of winter meat, poultry, offal with the simplicity of the cooking process and at minimal cost.
Harvesting ducks for the winter
Surprisingly, it is a fact: the duck can also be canned for the winter.
You will need only two ingredients:
- Prepare a saline solution of water and salt.
- Boil it and cool.
- Serve the duck in portions. The smaller pieces you cut the duck, the faster it cooks.
- In a hot salt solution (in half), boil the poultry meat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked meat and let it dry.
- Fold it in sterilized jars and fill with the remaining half of the brine.
- Roll up the lid.
For canning in this way, it is best to use a young Indo-duck.
Harvesting pork for the winter: two ways and two flavors
There are two popular and easy ways to preserve pork. The first method is based on the addition of a large number of spices.
For the first option of harvesting pork meat should be lean. If fat is present on the pulp, it must be removed.
- Cut the pork flesh into small portions and send to the pan.
- Meat should be tempered over low heat (heat well, stirring constantly).
- Once the meat begins to secrete juice, add salt. Sauté pork until fully cooked without adding water.
- Five minutes before the end of the pulp preparation, add a spoonful of spices: peppers (red, black ground, peas), cloves, coriander and laurel leaf.
- While the stew is preparing, you need to sterilize the jars.
- Put the finished meat in jars and roll the lids.
- Place the jars upside down and wrap them in a blanket. The next day, put the preservation in the cellar.
For the second method, you need pork pulp, you can with a small layer of fat and salt to taste.
How to cook:
- Cut the pork into large pieces (about 5 cm).
- Salt the prepared pulp, mix and place in jars.
- Cover the cans. Be sure to remove the gum.
- Place jars of contents in a cold oven and turn on the fire.
- Banks should heat up to 250 degrees (to boil). Then reduce the heat to 60 degrees and simmer the stew for three hours.
- After the specified time, you need to turn off the fire and keep the cans with stew in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Then roll up the lids and put in a cool place.
Liver in winter sauce
In addition to meat products, offal can also be preserved. The finished dish will always help out.
To do this, you will need:
- 2.5 kilograms of any liver;
- four tablespoons of salt;
- pork fat.
To prepare the sauce you will need:
- 800 ml of chicken stock;
- two and a half cups of flour;
- five tablespoons of fat;
- 100 grams of mashed tomatoes and sour cream;
- salt, sugar.
- The liver needs to be washed, cleaned and cut into pieces of small thickness.
- Prepare the prepared pieces with a hammer.
- Season the broken off pieces of the liver with spices and fry in fat. The pink color of the liver should disappear in the section.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. To do this, cut the onion into thin circles and bring in a pan until golden.
- Fry the flour in fat and mix with the broth. Stir the sauce constantly.
- After boiling the ingredients, add spices, sour cream and tomato puree. Boil it.
- Combine the sauce with onions and stirring constantly, simmer over the fire for five minutes.
- Prepare half liter cans. In each container, place 300 grams of liver and 200 ml of sauce alternately, in layers.
- Cover the jars with lids and sterilize in a pot with strong saline. It will take at least two hours to sterilize.
- After that, leave the jars in the solution until completely cooled.
Keep the canned liver you need in a cool place.
Salad with chicken and beans for the winter (video)
There are many recipes for preserving beef, pork, chicken, offal and other products. Which method is best for you is up to you.