Winter is approaching, which means that it is time to make conservation from tomatoes. There are a lot of recipes, but all of them are aimed only at one thing - to make delicious canned tomatoes that can be enjoyed in winter. Tomatoes of any varieties and any ripening are suitable for cooking. The only exception to conservation are too mature tomatoes. It is also undesirable to use large or damaged tomatoes.
Today, they are trying to twist canned tomatoes in jars under the lid. This is a very reliable method of harvesting for the winter, because in this way conservation can take more than one year. Below are the most delicious recipes of tomatoes with garlic, which are quickly prepared and do not require special skills in conservation.
No sterilization: a simple recipe
Components for conservation:
- tomatoes with the expectation of the corresponding banks;
- garlic - one clove for three to four tomatoes.
Ingredients for brine per liter of water:
- salt - 30 grams;
- half a glass of sugar;
- several pieces of dried cloves;
- about 10 peas of pepper;
- necessary greens for conservation.
Stages of conservation:
- Banks and lids must be washed and rinsed with boiling water.
- Next, rinse all the tomatoes and peel the garlic. Chop the garlic into medium sized slices.
- In tomatoes, you need to make a cross incision. It is done in the area of the stalk, where the prepared garlic is then inserted, one slice per tomato.
- Put the water to boil.
- When the tomatoes are stuffed, they are stacked fairly tightly on the banks and filled with boiled water. Jars of food are left for a few minutes.
- Add all the components of the brine to water and bring to a boil. After the brine begins to boil, detect 10 minutes and boil during this time.
- After about a quarter of an hour, water should be drained and, at the same time, drained with boiling brine.
- Do not rush to close the lids. You still need to add 30 grams of vinegar and only then twist.
- Now you can turn the banks upside down and cover with a blanket. Leave in this position until completely cooled.
When using small tomatoes, adding garlic to the middle will be impossible. In this regard, you need to chopped garlic just put between tomatoes. And the tomatoes themselves pierce a match in the place of the stalk.
Pickled Tomatoes with Garlic, Mint and Cinnamon
This recipe is quite unusual, but at the same time very tasty. The advantage of such preservation is not only the aroma and unsurpassed taste, but also the ease of preparation. All proportions presented in the recipe are for 3 liter jars.
For cooking you will need:
- bay leaves;
- mint - no more than 4 leaves;
- a pinch of cinnamon and citric acid;
- a few peas of allspice;
- a glass of sugar;
- half a glass of salt;
- garlic - 3 heads.
Stages of preparation:
- All ingredients are washed. You should also rinse and sterilize the banks.
- Inside the jars should be placed bay leaves of 3-4 pieces, mint.
- Then peel the garlic and shove one clove into each tomato.
- When all the tomatoes are stuffed, you can stack them in jars.
- Put water on the stove and bring to a boil. Pour tomatoes with boiling water and leave to infuse for 5-10 minutes.
- After the time has passed, the water is drained into a kettle or pan and the preparation of the marinade begins.
- Pour salt and sugar into water, dissolve them. And the banks to lay out all the remaining components.
- Pour the boiling brine over the containers to the very top and immediately tighten the lids.
- Turning the containers upside down, check the density of the lids and set them to cool in the same condition.
Preliminary place is better to prepare, and cover the banks with something warm.
In own juice
You will need:
- half a glass of sugar;
- vinegar and salt - 30 grams each;
- garlic - 2 heads.
Stages of preparation:
- First you need to wash the banks and sterilize them. To do this, heat the oven to 150-180 degrees and leave the banks to warm for 10 minutes.
- Put the water to boil, and at this time wash the tomatoes and put them in warm cans.
- The boiled water should be poured into the banks to the top and covered with lids. Let stand a little in this condition.
- While the tomatoes are infused, you need to peel the garlic and chop it. For this, a garlic shop is suitable.
- Now you should drain the water from the tomato into the pan. Add half a glass of sugar and salt to the water according to the recipe. The brine must be boiled.
- While the brine is boiling, 2 tablespoons of garlic slurry should be put on the tomatoes. Then you can pour tomatoes with marinade.
- Immediately after pouring the brine, close the containers and turn them over. In this way, the tightness can be checked.
- Tomatoes in their own juice are ready. You need to wrap them with a blanket and leave until winter.
Cooking lasts up to half an hour.
Recipe "Tomatoes under the snow"
To prepare such a snack for the winter you need to cook:
- garlic (with the calculation of 1 tbsp. l. per 3 liter capacity);
- vinegar - 30 g;
- salt - 15 g;
- half a glass of sugar.
- To begin with, I wash and sterilize the container, tomatoes are washed and the garlic is peeled.
- Washed tomatoes need to be laid in banks, without adding anything else.
- Next, you need to make boiling water from ordinary water and pour them tomatoes. Cover with a lid, let it brew for a quarter of an hour.
- While the water is infused, the cooked garlic should be crushed.
- After 15 minutes, the water is drained into another container, where salt and sugar are added. After they dissolve, you need to pour vinegar and bring the water to a boil.
- Chopped garlic is laid out in jars. The workpiece is poured with brine. No more spices to put.
- Banks are twisted and left to cool.
This is how tomatoes "under the snow" are obtained, which is squeezed garlic.
Tomatoes with mustard and garlic
It will be required:
- a few peas of allspice;
- mustard powder;
- parsley greens;
- for marinade - salt, sugar and vinegar.
- All vegetables must be washed, sterilized banks.
- Tomatoes are cut into 2 or 4 parts. It is recommended to preserve dense tomatoes.
- Inside the jars, put 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of mustard, pepper and herbs. The calculation is taken for a liter capacity.
- It is necessary to arrange the tomatoes in containers. It is recommended to lay down.
- Now you can begin to prepare the brine for pouring. In a liter of liquid, pour 50 grams of sugar and 15 grams of salt, and pour a quarter cup of vinegar. Bring the whole mixture to a boil.
- Pour the boiled brine into containers and leave the cans sterilized for 15 minutes.
- Screw the lids on and let the tomatoes cool.
Banks can not be wrapped in a blanket, but allowed to cool in a natural position. According to this recipe, 12 liters of preservation from 9 kg of tomatoes and 3 liters of brine are obtained.
Tomatoes in the snow for the winter (video)
Canned tomatoes will become not only a decoration for any table, but also a delicious snack. In addition, "tomatoes in the snow" can perfectly complement the overall picture of the winter mood. All of the above recipes will not take much time. The main thing is to adhere to the cooking sequence.