Summertime pleases us with a harvest of berries, fruits and gourds, a special place among all of them, of course, is melon. It can be used not only for the preparation of aromatic jam. The special taste of the pulp, slightly reminiscent of pineapple, and a structure similar to zucchini, allows you to roll this culture in various ways. Preservation helps preserve the juiciness and taste of the original product. Melon, like zucchini, perfectly absorbs aromas, which allows you to experiment, discover something new and unusual. Each recipe proposed below is special, any housewife will be able to choose what the whole family will like.
This recipe is for lovers of a bright, rich taste. Preservation will differ from usual jam or jam in special flavoring accents, gourmets will appreciate this preparation.
Ingredients for 2 half-liter cans:
- 1 medium-sized melon;
- 100 grams of granulated sugar;
- 2 slices of ginger (fresh root);
- several grains of citric acid;
Cooking and preserving ginger melon:
- Rinse the melon. Carefully cut it into two parts, and then cut into slices. On each slice, make a few transverse cuts. Then it will be easy to cut the flesh from the crust. As a result, the product will be diced into medium sized cubes.
- Peel the ginger root with a peeler. Now you can cut a few small slices.
- Wash and sterilize the jars, put ginger slices on the bottom, then fill the glass container with the pulp of melon. Sprinkle all sugar, do not forget to add citric acid to each jar.
- Pour the boiling water up to the shoulders, leaving a small space in the jars for air.
- Replace the filled glass containers in a large pan, the bottom of which is covered with a thick cloth.
- Pour so much warm water into the pan so that its level reaches the shoulders of the cans. Note that the temperature of the liquid in the glass container and in the pan should be almost the same.
- Bring the water in the pan to a boil, reduce the flame power to a minimum, cover the jars with sterile lids. Sterilize the workpiece for 7 minutes.
- Now complete the canning by rolling each can with a key.
- Wrap the blank with a blanket, setting the cans upside down. After complete cooling, preservation can be transferred to the storage room.
Melon cooked in this way has a special aroma and delicate taste. It can be used as a filling for baking and a variety of desserts.
Pineapple in banks
The recipe for preservation is very simple, while the taste of the workpiece for the winter will impress with its similarity to canned pineapple. Melon in syrup can be used for salads and sweet dishes.
Ingredients for 4 liter cans:
- 2 medium-sized melons;
- 1.5 liters of pure water;
- 150 milliliters of table vinegar;
- 8 clove buds;
- 500 grams of granulated sugar.
How to cook:
- First prepare the fruits, for this, wash them thoroughly under running water. Remove the peel with a knife, cut the flesh into slices.
- Prepare cans for preservation, rinse and sterilize them.
- At the bottom of a sterile glass container, place 2 buds of cloves, tightly place the pieces of melon.
- From the required amount of water, sugar and table vinegar, boil the syrup and pour into jars.
- After this, it is necessary to sterilize the jars for 15 minutes.
- Then you can proceed to blockage.
- Now preservation should completely cool under the rug. It is recommended to store the workpiece in a dark and cool place.
The recipe for canned melon in port wine with spices
Port and spices perfectly emphasize the taste of the fruit, complement it, turning the usual harvesting into a real delicacy. On a cold winter evening it will be possible to please relatives with an exquisite delicacy reminiscent of warm summer days.
- 2 melons of medium ripeness;
- 500 milliliters of water;
- 3 buds of cloves;
- 450 grams of sugar;
- 1 vanilla pod and a cinnamon stick;
- 220 milliliters of port.
The process of preparing spicy preservation in port:
- Cut the melon in half, remove the seeds and available fibers. Using a round ice cream spoon, remove the flesh. Appetizing balls will turn out.
- Pour the required amount of water into the pan according to the recipe, add granulated sugar, cloves, and the contents of the vanilla pod along with a stick of cinnamon. Bring everything to a boiling state, then remove the pan with spiced sugar syrup from the stove.
- Put melon balls in syrup, pour port wine. Now the contents of the pan must be allowed to brew for 15 minutes.
- Next, using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the melon from the pan. The syrup will need to be evaporated halfway over medium heat.
- When the syrup has evaporated, remove the pan from the heat. Put the melon there, wait for the liquid to cool completely.
- Now the melon pulp can be laid out in sterile jars and poured with filtered spicy syrup. Pour 15 ml of port wine into each jar, add the clove bud and ½ vanilla pod that were used during the cooking.
- Sterilize the cans for half an hour, cork with tin lids and store along with the rest of the preservation.
Serve the dish as an independent treat or combine with vanilla ice cream.
Pickled: a step by step recipe
You can marinate not only vegetables, but also melon. The taste of the workpiece is excellent. A set of spices and spices can fully reveal the taste of a ripe fruit.
- 1 kilogram of melon pulp;
- 70 grams of liquid honey;
- 25 grams of sugar;
- 2 grams of salt;
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 pcs. star anise and cloves;
- 100 milliliters of table vinegar;
- 3 grams of allspice;
- ground paprika.
How to cook pickled melon:
- Wash the melon thoroughly using a kitchen brush.
- Cut the fruit in half, carefully cut the peel.
- Cut the flesh into thin strips and then into cubes. Now you can dip the melon in the marinade.
- To prepare the marinade, you should take a stewpan or a saucepan. At the bottom, put cinnamon, star anise, add honey along with salt and sugar.
- Pour the spices with water and bring the marinade to a boiling state.
- After boiling the contents of the pan, place the melon slices in it, pour in paprika. Boil everything for 10 minutes on low heat.
- At the very end of cooking, pour in table vinegar and remove the marinade from the stove.
- Pour chilled marinade into jars of melon.
- Sterilize the jars in the oven at 150 ° C for 25 minutes.
- After the specified time, remove the cans from the oven and roll up the key.
- The workpiece should cool in a bundled form, for this you will need about knocking.
You can store the product in the cellar or pantry.
Canned melon with lemon in syrup
Lemon goes well with melons, makes a light citrus note, highlighting sugary sweetness. Fragrant and moderately sweet preparation can be served with homemade cakes.
- 5 kilograms of melon;
- 700 grams of granulated sugar;
- 2 lemons.
The process of preparing a sweet preparation for the winter:
- Wash the melon, cut into slices, removing seeds and fibers from the middle of the fruit.
- Wash the lemon well, cut into medium slices.
- Sterilize jars and lids in any way convenient for you.
- Place melon slices in liter jars, add 2 lemon slices to each of them.
- Fill the filled cans with boiling water, cover with lids, let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid from the cans into a separate pan, pour the required amount of granulated sugar. Bring everything to a boiling state.
- Pour the prepared syrup into jars.
- Place the filled glass containers in a large pan.
- Pour water over the shoulders of the cans into the pan. Sterilize the workpiece for 20 minutes.
- Twist the jars with sterile lids, turn upside down, wrapped in a blanket.
You can store the workpiece in the pantry.
Melons in syrup (video)
Each jar of juicy, sweet billets of melon pulp will delight you with a great taste all winter. Prepare an exquisite treat for the winter according to the above recipes and surprise your relatives with culinary masterpieces.