Preserving green, fragrant cucumbers is the most enjoyable process after the tiresome season of weed control with weeds, heat and pests. It remains to choose the most interesting recipes and enjoy the winter frosty evenings of the fruits of their labor. Cucumbers are versatile vegetables that work wonderfully with different ingredients. Incredible, but from them skilled housewives manage to make even jam! Well, this is a separate topic, of course, but you can pick up an interesting canning, using several simple recipes to complete.
Canned cucumbers "Nostalgia" with sugar
Favorite conservation of our grandmothers. The recipe is so simple that even the first experiment usually ends with an excellent result: you get amazing crispy cucumbers. Another feature of them is that if everything is done correctly, they are stored for a very long time. After reviewing numerous reviews, you can find out that the cans exploded with conservation only due to errors in the preparation.
- 5 g mustard seeds;
- 1 bay leaf;
- dill umbrella;
- 10 g of cherry and currant leaves;
- 20 g of garlic;
- 10 g of allspice (peas);
- cucumbers (how much will fit in banks);
- 20 g of salt;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 1.25 liters of water;
- 250 ml of vinegar.
- Rinse cucumbers thoroughly under running water. Soak for two hours so that bitterness disappears.
- Cut off the tips of the cucumbers just a little bit: this way they will be better marinated.
- Put seasoning on the bottom of clean glass jars, fill containers with cucumbers.
- Pour water into the stewpan, put spices (sugar, salt), turn on the fire and boil the liquid. Pour the vinegar, after boiling, pour the marinade into the jars.
- Sterilize cans (0.7 L) for a quarter of an hour in slightly boiling water.
Air cooling, inverted.
"Hello, Bulgaria" (with onions and carrots)
The name itself explains where such a wonderful recipe came from. One small digression from the topic - Bulgarians are sure that it is the first harvest of cucumbers that guarantees excellent taste and a long shelf life. Of course, not everyone has the opportunity to check whether this is so, for lack of a personal garden plot, so you have to take their word for it and close what is at hand in banks. The main thing is that the cucumbers are fresh and solid.
- 180 g vinegar;
- 140 g of sugar;
- 60 g of salt (iodized is not recommended)
- 2 liters of water;
- 8 fresh dill umbrellas;
- 400 g of onion;
- 350 g carrots;
- cucumbers (for such a quantity of products - about one and a half kilograms).
- Soak beautiful small cucumbers in cold water (well is best suited). Change the water several times within 6 hours.
- Rinse cans thoroughly with soda, scald with boiling water.
- Washed cucumbers rid of tails.
- Grind the peeled carrots with onions (onion rings, carrots - in small cubes of the same size).
- Lay vegetables and dill umbrellas nicely in jars. If the cucumbers are too long, you can cut in half.
- Boil the marinade (salt, water, sugar), add vinegar at the very end.
- Quickly fill glass containers filled with vegetables, immediately seal with metal lids, turn over and wrap up heat.
Children like these cucumbers very much, because fragrant circles are so interesting to eat. And for adults this is a great solution if you need to quickly make a salad: combine the chopped cucumbers with sausage, onions and peas, pour plenty of mayonnaise and can be served. Since they are poured with marinade with oil, then the salad can be made with dressing in oil.
Ingredients for one jar (0.5 L):
- 30 ml of vegetable oil;
- 20 ml of vinegar;
- 15 g of salt;
- 30 g of sugar;
- 2 branches of dill;
- 15 g of garlic;
- 40 g carrots;
- 400 g of cucumbers.
- First of all, prepare cans: rinse and rinse with boiling water.
- Cucumbers (suitable for different sizes) soak for several hours in cold water.
- Cut the peeled carrots into circles, put together with garlic and dill on the bottom of the cans.
- Fill containers with cucumber circles.
- Pour each half-liter jar with sugar, salt, pour cold water and vinegar. Gently pour vegetable oil from above.
- Sterilize in slowly boiling water for no more than a quarter of an hour, seal, flip for air cooling.
This blank should not be wrapped!
Winter cucumber salad (with mayonnaise)
Having tried such a preparation, you won’t immediately guess that it was prepared from cucumbers. The fresh, slightly sweet taste of cucumbers is in perfect harmony with the piquancy of onions and carrots. Thanks to the use of mayonnaise, the salad is unusually tender.
- 4 kg of overgrown cucumbers;
- 500 gr. onions;
- 250 gr mayonnaise;
- 500 gr. carrots;
- 250 ml of vegetable oil;
- 250 ml of vinegar 9%;
- 175 gr. granulated sugar;
- 1 pack black pepper;
- 40 gr salt.
- For salad, you will need to take overgrown, but not bitter cucumbers. Such fruits contain less moisture, therefore, in structure and taste, they are similar to young zucchini. Cut the skin and chop the cucumbers into strips.
- Carrots need to be peeled, and then chopped with a grater.
- Peel the onions, then cut into a medium cube.
- Transfer all prepared vegetables to a deep bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the finished salad into sterile two-liter jars, place them in a pan, pour cold water over the shoulders. Sterilize the workpiece for 40 minutes. from the moment of boiling liquid.
- After this, you can start capping the cans, for this purpose it is necessary to use sterile lids.
If you use smaller glass containers for canning, the sterilization time is reduced, for half-liter cans it will take 10 minutes, and for liter containers - 20 minutes.
Nezhinsky cucumbers with vegetable oil
According to this recipe, it will be possible to cook juicy, spicy cucumbers with a pleasant acidity. It is worth noting that such a blank for the winter does not require sterilization, which greatly simplifies the conservation process.
- 2 kg of young cucumbers;
- 2 kg onions;
- 190 ml of refined vegetable oil;
- 90 gr. salts;
- 50 gr Sahara;
- 100 ml of vinegar;
- 8 pcs black pepper peas.
- Wash the cucumbers, then dry with a towel. Cut them in the form of circles with a thickness of 0.5 cm.
- Onions should be peeled and then cut into thin rings.
- Take an aluminum pan, shift the vegetables there, add the necessary amount of salt and sugar, mix everything well.
- Now vegetables need to be set aside to stand out juice. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Put the pot with vegetables on a moderate fire, bring to a boiling state.
- After the contents of the pan boil, add the required amount of vinegar and refined oil. Boil all 7 minutes.
- In the prepared sterile jars, place the stewed vegetables, slightly pressing them with a spoon. Put a few peas of pepper in each jar, and then roll the salad with tin lids.
- Allow the workpiece to cool upside down.
"Assorted" for the winter with tomatoes and onions
A jar with such "Assorted" will perfectly complement both the everyday and the holiday menu. The vegetables in this preparation have preserved their juiciness and bright taste thanks to a special marinade.
- 2 kg of cucumbers;
- 2 kg of dense ripe tomatoes;
- 700 gr. onions;
- 7 pcs peppercorns;
- 3 bay leaves;
- 200 ml apple cider vinegar;
- 120 gr. Sahara;
- 190 ml of corn oil;
- 30 gr salt.
- Take a deep container and mix vegetable oil with salt, sugar, pepper, and bay leaf in it.
- Now the resulting mixture should be brought to a boil. After boiling the marinade, remove the container from the heat, add vinegar.
- Rinse the cucumbers and peel the onions. Cut everything into small cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Pour the prepared vegetables with the prepared marinade, mix thoroughly, boil for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place the hot salad in a sterile container and roll it up.
For the preparation of "Assorted", you should take small, dense, but not overripe tomatoes, it is these fruits that will retain their original shape after conservation.
First of all, it should be noted that it is better to preserve thin-skinned cucumbers according to this recipe. Also pay attention to the seeds: the smaller they are, the better they will fit. Most often, greenhouse vegetables have such properties. It happens that the cucumbers inside are empty, you can preserve them, but then they can wrinkle in the banks and lose not only their presentation, but also taste. Why is this happening? Everything is very simple: it is an inevitable process in the development of the fetus, when after a long drying of the soil it was too generously moistened. Water the plants evenly, then no problems will happen.
- 900 g of cucumbers;
- 500 ml apple cider vinegar;
- 300 g onions;
- 10 g black pepper peas;
- 340 g of sugar;
- 15 g of coriander;
- 60 g of salt.
- Using a special shredder or a sharp knife, cut the washed cucumbers with 5 mm thick plastic.
- In a clean container, combine the onions with cucumbers, salt, leave under oppression for at least three hours.
- Rinse vegetables with cold water and squeeze slightly.
- In a large saucepan put sugar, pepper, pour vinegar. Bring to a boil, add vegetables, sprinkle with coriander.
- Boil everything together, put the vegetables in jars. Carefully pour the marinade on top, if there is a precipitate, try to prevent it from falling into glass dishes. If this is not done, the cucumbers will become soft after a while. Cork metal lids, immediately take out to the basement.
Tear Your Eye Out (The Best Way)
When we canned vegetables, we try to find the best ways. But often the shelf life can be affected not only by the duration of sterilization. As this does not seem unlikely, but the composition of the marinade and seasoning to it can also increase the duration of storage. If you use this recipe, you get piquant, amazingly sharp cucumbers - ideal for lovers of this crunchy fragrant vegetable.
- 130 g of sugar;
- 120 ml of vinegar;
- 74 g of salt;
- 1 liter of water;
- 60 ml of vodka;
- 15 g tarragon and basil;
- 10 pieces. coriander;
- 2 pcs. bay leaf, sprigs of parsley and dill umbrellas;
- 10 g horseradish root (you can add a small sheet);
- 40 g pods of red hot pepper;
- 30 peas of black pepper;
- 4 leaves of currant and cherry;
- 70 g of garlic;
- cucumbers (how much is needed for a 3 liter jar).
- Prepare cucumbers for canning by soaking for 6 hours. Change the water at least three times.
- Prepare ice water and pour into a large container. Scald cucumbers with boiling water and immediately send to water to cool. For more convenient work, you can do this with a large colander: it is easy to pour boiling liquid over cucumbers in it.
- A dry mix of seasonings, garlic, leaves, peppers, horseradish is placed in a glass dish for canning, everything is supplemented with chopped parsley.
- Stacked in tight rows of cucumbers.
- Next, you need to cook the brine from water and sugar with salt. Remove from heat immediately and pour into a jar of cucumbers.
- Wait a few minutes, send the brine back to the pan. Bring to a boil again.
- Pour vodka and vinegar into a glass container with cucumbers, pour boiling brine to the top and immediately seal with lids.
Put upside down to cool under a warm blanket for a day.
Crispy Cucumber Recipe for the Winter (video)
I would like to remind you that there are different types of cucumbers, even white ones. Therefore, it is easy to turn the process of canning cucumbers into a creative work, stacking colorful vegetables in jars. After all, it’s so wonderful to open a jar with a wonderful multi-colored marvel on New Year's Eve and feast together with friends, by all means sharing your tricks and secrets of making such yummy! Of course, lovers of acidic dishes will have to resort to the help of other recipes. But if you love spicy spicy vegetables, these recipes are just for you!